1. What information do we collect?
1.1 We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
1.2 When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, password, delivery address, phone number, date of birth and gender. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
1.3 In addition, we maintain a record of your purchase history, product interests, your engagement with our social media and analytics such as site use and traffic patterns.
2. What do we use your information for?
2.1 Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website and service (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of fulfilling and delivering the purchased product or service requested).
- To send periodic emails (the email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order).
- To send subscription emails (the email address you provide for subscription will be used to notify you of any updates, events, activities, advertisements, contests, competitions and marketing campaigns organised by Lam Soon Singapore, our selected partners, sponsors or advertisers.)
- To conduct market surveys, research or data mining.
3. How do we protect your information?
3.1 We have used our best endeavours to implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order, enter, submit, or access your personal information.
3.2 We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
3.3 Your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
4.1 Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
4.2 We use Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, visit the official Google Analytics page.
4.4 If you prefer, you can choose to have your device warn you every time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you choose to disable cookies, some of our services may not be available. However, you may still place orders via contacting our customer service.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
5.1 We do not sell, trade, or transfer your personally identifiable information to external parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
5.2 We will disclose and release your personal data without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with legal process served on our site
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Lam Soon Singapore
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Grocery Owl’s site or the public.
6. Third party links
6.1 Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
7. Personal Data Protection Act (Singapore)
7.1 By using this site, you agree to allow us to collect or use your information in an appropriate manner in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
8. Withdraw / Updating of Personal Data
8.1 You may contact us via (email) or (telephone) to request for access to your personal data, or withdrawn your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal, or terminate your online account with us.
8.2 Requests to withdraw your consent to use or disclose your personal data may results on failure, and terminate your online account with us.
8.3 You may update or correct your personal data by accessing your online account with us.
9. Security of Personal Data
9.1 Personal data collected by us will be safely and securely stored, and disposed when no longer needed by us for business or legal purposes.
11. Terms and Conditions
11.1 Please visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
12. Your Consent
13. Contacting Us
Last Updated on 20 September 2019